I owned a Gameboy Advance (and later an SP) back in the day, and although I played it a lot, I didn’t really get into RPGs on the system all that much. Going through Radiant Historia on my DS has rekindled my RPG itch, so I figured it was time to go back and check out a bunch of games I had missed. After doing some quick research, I found there’s a treasure trove of RPGs on the Gameboy Advance…and best of all, they’re 2D sprite-based games!
I’ve already compiled a list of the ones I plan to pick up, but I wanted to solicit some opinions from you folks: what essential GBA RPGs am I missing from this list? Thanks!
- Final Fantasy Rereleases (I-VI) (I’ve played most of them, but I figured what they hey.)
- Final Fantasy Tactics (started but never finished it)
- Golden Sun & sequel
- Fire Emblem & sequel
- Breath of Fire and sequel
- Lunar Legend
- Sword of Mana
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
- Mazes of Fate
- Shining Soul & sequel
- Riviera: The Promised Land
- Yggdra Union
Please suggest some more, everyone! Turn-based, action, strategy…it doesn’t matter. Just shoot any GBA RPG suggestions my way. Thanks!